Thursday, November 03, 2005

Underachievers Unite!

Work is so slow these days, I thought I'd start a blog. I mean, there are only so many hours I can spend playing WebBoggle and checking my various email accounts. God forbid I actually do something productive with my spare time. I don't know if it is pure laziness or a fear of success or a fear of failure or just the inevitable way of life for a once B-averaging student, but I just can't motivate myself to MOTIVATE!!!

Why is it that when I am extremely busy at work, I complain that I have no time for anything, but the minute I do get hours of my own, I can't think of a thing that I want to do? I mean, I am a creative individual. I have my own website, I design cards and invitations and have a wedding approaching in a couple of months. I have run three NYC marathons. You would think that I have plenty to do. And I DO! That is the thing. There is no work work to be done currently, yet I feel guilt if I leave the office for a couple of hours to take care of personal business. I worry that I will return and find email and phone messages and a pink slip on my desk (do pink slips even exist anymore?). It's ridiculous! I need a manicure and I should go now, when the place is quiet, instead of waiting for "lunch time" when every woman within a 10 block radius is waiting to also get their nails done. I need some long-sleeved shirts, and new shoes for fall. I work right above a MALL for crying out loud - it's pretty easy to go shopping!!! There are pressing errands to be done. Beauty and fashion dilemmas to attend to. Wedding rings to be picked up. Logistics figured out. Resumes to be sent out. Exercise to be done. Yet, here I sit typing my blog... my very first one... and hope that somebody actually reads it and can relate. It's harder than I suspected, but hope it improves with time. We'll see if I even continue this... knowing me, I've only started a blog so that I have something else to leave unfinished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home