Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Leave a Message

Just a little something that I need to get off my chest... if you call me, and I don't pick up, chances are that a) I'm away from my desk, b) I am avoiding your call, c) I am on another call. So, in such a situation, leave me a message. Simple. And leave me a pointed message. I am tired of the "Hey, it's Steve. Give me a call back." Tell me WHY you want me to call you back. Because you decidedly left that tidbit of information out, I'm assuming that you are calling me because you, annoying little you, need something and don't want to ask for it on my machine. I, on the other hand, really have no desire to talk to you. I'd rather my voice mail and e-mail be the only way I communicate with you. So if you leave me a detailed message, I will most likely do whatever it is you are asking of me, then I will email it to you and then respond to your voice mail to let you know that I emailed you, omitting any form of conversation at all. See how nice and easy?

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I work with a girl who likes to send emails and then immediately run to my office (and I mean RUN) to make sure I got the email, and that I understand her message.

If there's a chance I don't understand, I'll write back saying so. There's no need for us to meet and discuss! I totally want to work from home, but I know I'd get nothing done all day.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home