Friday, December 09, 2005

Where Have All the Ladies Gone?

I have to vent about the ladies room situation, here at my agency and elsewhere, I'm sure. Why are women such slobs? Is the men's room at all like this? Am I the only that notices this?

Firstly, the paper towel situation. It's like they don't even try to get them into the waste basket. They are strewn all over the place, little balls of paper, just dropped to the ground and left for the poor cleaning people to pick up. I can't understand it. Is there some kind of sick satisfaction gotten from being messy? Is this their way of rebelling against the corporate structure that they live in 40 hours a week. Like "Ha ha... I can throw it on the floor and nobody can stop me because I am in the bathroom and that is the one place my privacy is truly respected." But is it really?

I can't tell you the amount of times a woman will walk in and take a squat at the stall right next to the one I am occupying, not leaving a buffer. I don't want to be that close to you while you're doing your business. I don't want to hear you tinkle and toot away. In fact, I don't want you to hear me either which is why I will wait for you to leave before I do anything. And why can't you ever leave? And not just the stall... leave the entire bathroom! Stop putting on your lipstick, primping, etc and get the f out so I can have a moment!!!!

By the way, what IS taking you so long??? If you've even been in a college bar you notice how long the girl's room line is in relation to the boy's room line, right? Well, it doesn't stop after college. I have waited and waited and waited for women to get out of the restroom. I don't understand what they are doing in there. It takes me approximately 3 minutes to pee, wipe, wash, leave. Don't they realize they are not at home and there are other people wriggling outside on line, waiting for you to finish?

Oh, and then there is the pee on the seat thing. That's just disgusting. I understand you don't want to sit. So you squat above the seat and tinkle all over it. But you don't wipe it up, or use one of those seat protectors. No. You just flush and leave it for the next woman to either sit in or get all over her hands. If she's lucky enough to remember to check the seat first, then she wins the grand prize of having to wipe it up. All because you are lazy!!!! Or just mean.

Lastly, do not talk to me while in the stall (next to mine, most likely). I don't want to talk business, personal, anything. I want to pretend we don't know each other. I recognize your shoes so I know it's you. But just leave me alone. All I want is to be left alone. And for you to pick up your stupid paper towels!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

The men's room is just as bad, if not worse.

My potty rant

You're really starting to scare me with how similar we think. Thank god we're not in The Highlander, because in that world there can be only one. And I've been building up an immunity to iocane powder for the last few years.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

wow. you are my cyberspace twin. can you get tk to start writing again (you two work together, right?)... I know that he shares a few of the same brain cells as me/us.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'll see what I can do, but for the most part you don't want to try to order TK to do anything. Either ask nicely and have something to bribe him with, or try some subliminal messages hidden in an email.

In other news, I should have figured you were a Mac user, since that's what my graphic design friends tell me fits the bill for their line of work. Sheesh, you think you know someone, then you find out a dark secret like this...

10:00 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

you would be pissed too if you ever sat down only to find your tush immersed in freezing cold gross toilet water!

8:07 AM  
Blogger xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said...

Please. Girl's don't have to deal with urinals. If you would like the male take, check out this entry.

http://www.theidlemind.blogspot.com/2005/10/dont-touch-me.html

(Especially the second part of this rant).

Great blog.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Scott... I enjoyed your bathroom rant very much. Guess men and women are not so different after all!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home