Thursday, February 16, 2006

Why Do I Care?

I heard that TomKat may have split up. That makes me happy. Perhaps I am evil... (after all, I do enjoy it when the ice skaters at the Olympics fall, even if they are on the USA Team. Evil.)

But more importantly, regardless of whether I'm happy that TomKat is over, the question is, why the hell do I care? Who are these people to me, and why should it affect my life. But it does! I am eagerly awaiting the trashy mags to come out with their "exclusive" stories. If they are truly not over, I will be pissed off. It's a psychological disorder, no? I will watch reality television as if I am part of the show. The Amazing Race fills me with anxiety and excitement and I can feel my legs twitching as if I am the one running to the finish line. If the snotty team wins, I am upset for a couple of days.

What does this say about me? Is my life so empty that the lives of celebs and pseudo-celebs is all I have to focus on? My hubby thinks it's pathetic, as I sit there devouring my glossy pages, crumbs all over my sweater. But I live for it... talk to me about Britney and Kevin or the newest cast of the Real World. Shock me with information about Brangelina. Give it to me, any which way because I need to know... I don't know why... I just do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home