Monday, March 27, 2006

Squeaky Clean

I love to take baths. I always have. There is something SOOOO soothing about being in a tub of hot water. Not warm, mind you... steaming hot is the way I like both my showers and baths. Unfortunately, this sometimes prohibits me from enjoying the sensual, steamy moments that I would make my bath/shower time all the more enjoyable since the hubby's skin, and many of the other men along the way, is much more sensitive to hot water than mine is and anything not the exact right temperature for me feels too cold and therefore takes away the pleasure for ME. A real catch-22. Anyway, back to my point.

So, I love taking baths, but do not have that luxury at my current apartment. The tub is nasty. I did my best to make it work... repainted it, etc. but it still is not fit for lying naked within. So when I go on vacations, one of the things I really look forward to is the bathtub. You know it will be freshly cleaned and shiny and smooth. No chipping paint, no discoloration, no funky grouting issues. But some people think it's gross to bathe in a tub that is used by hundreds of people.

So the question is, can one only bathe in their own bathtub and then must it be a brand new tub at that? So only if you own a home, and hopefully a new development, or one with a newly installed tub, can you take the much-desired soak? And then what about hot tubs... are they more sanitary than a tub and if so, why??? I think that since the whole point of the bath is to get clean, if the tub is "dirty" because it's been used by others, then the mere act of bathing should negate that dirtiness. At least this is what I hope.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Holy crap!! I was just looking through old emails, clearing stuff out, and I found an email you sent me 4 years ago. No joke! You were designing the invitations for my wedding! I'm one half of the Chris & Deb couple from Virginia.

They were awesome invitations by the way, we received many compliments for them. Just thought I'd share that with you.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Oh, that is so cool to hear... I love getting invite compliments since that's my true passion in life. Your invite is on my website... www.thinkkarma.com. They were nice. (I know who you are, by the way.)

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home