Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Beg and Ye Shall Receive

How does anyone in the world manage to save money? I feel so incompetent. I don't own a thing, other than the stuff that is crammed into my rental apartment. More than half of which I acquired through marriage.

I want really badly to own a home and a car. I mean, seriously, I am going to be 34 this year. But every year it is the same thing. Start the year off recuperating from holiday spending, then the rest of the year trying to keep up with all of the birthdays, weddings, bachelorettes, engagements, showers, babies, trips, visits and general costs of living. Add in a few purchases - a new computer, tickets to a summer concert, a new coat. Throw in some weekend getaways to visit friends who are starting to get angry that they never see you anymore. Every month I see myself dipping into my savings just to get me to the next payday. How is the rest of the world doing this? I demand to know!!!

One guy had the wherewithall to "trade up" using Craig's List as his medium. He started with a giant red paperclip and ended with a free year to live in a house. Now everyone is trying to follow in his footsteps. I am not that resourceful. I will resort to begging.

Wanna lend me a room in your house somewhere close to Manhattan (pool and transportation also required) so I can abuse the priviledge of having a backyard this summer??? Pretty pleeeeease? I'll bring a huge supply of boca burgers and tofu dogs for the grill and I'll only be there on the weekends... think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home