Friday, May 19, 2006

Brit + Baby = Front Page News

Don't get me wrong. I am not a fan of Britney Spears. But the latest front page photo of her has made me feel a bit sorry for the 20-something multi-millionaire mom.

As you have all heard, I'm sure, Brit's parental instincts are taking a little time to show that they do indeed exist. First, the driving with young baby on her lap. Seriously dumb. Then baby falls out of highchair and cracks skull while under the supervision of the nanny. Hey, stuff happens, but one would hope that perhaps the nanny hired had the skills to back up what one can only assume is a massive paycheck. (Hey, Brit, I'll watch your kid for whatever you're paying your current nanny and I bet he won't be cracking his skull again.)

Now, in the latest turn of events, Britney trips with baby in her arms - lucky for her, right in front of a manic-snapping photog. Photos are pasted all over the papers. And now I feel bad for her. Because I'm sure there are plenty of non-celeb women out there who have had mishaps with their babies. I'm sure the guilt is enough to make them watch what they do in the future. But will Britney ever learn her lesson? And in a short time, there will be another child for the pop star to care for. The mommy guilt for Britney is compounded by the media scrutiny, and I am a part of that. But I feel like we're all waiting to see what she'll do next, and not in a good way. So when she trips again we can say "Oops, she did it again!", big grins across our faces, and just be glad that it wasn't us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home