Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Get On It, Geniuses of the World

Jeez, it's hard to stay in touch with people! It seems the more means of communication we have, the harder it is to find the time to do just that. I have friends and family in California, Virginia, Texas, Ohio, Florida, etc. I dislike (ok, HATE) talking on the phone, but when I do finally work out the space to make a call to a long-lost friend, they end up not being home. I spend 15 minutes chatting with their husband and then just hope that the message gets passed along that I called. I try to email. Email addresses change more frequently than the season. Except for mine, which has been the same for almost 10-years. Problem there is, I am more likely to shoot you a line than to pick up the phone to call you. I will even go so far as to send you a card through the MAIL.

But my days are filled with guilt about the people I haven't spoken to in ages, the friends that I feel I'm neglecting. Then I think, well, they could call me, too. But don't. So I am not the only one who does this, I know. Am I the only one who beats myself up over it, though? I keep thinking I should have a party, and invite all the in-town folk out, so I can see everyone at once. But again, not really my thing. I would be too stressed about mingling with people and ensuring that everyone has someone to hang out with to have a good time. At my own wedding, I chose to have people come up to me rather than to make the rounds... although that was the best option for me, I still left the night feeling like I didn't talk to everyone or that people feel left out. Does this mean that I am a -gulp- NICE person or am I just still the shy girl that I was growing up? I'm just waiting for the development of worldwide telepathic communication... then I will DEFINITELY get in touch, since I think about it all the time already as it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home