Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The World is Against Me

So, this has been a bad week for me. Not terrible; just little things piling up that makes life seem so dumb and predictable.

1. EQUIPMENT FAILURE: I bought a new (expensive) printer for my home. I expected it to work perfectly, but it prints things slightly askew. I need it to print things centered and precisely, so I called to complain. Initially I was told that my printer is not meant to print on the stock that I was feeding it. Fair enough, but the problem occurs on regular color paper as well. Contacted the online store directly and had a wonderful tech support guy walking me through various problem solving techniques. Still not fixed. He promises to call me the next day with someone more schooled in Macs. The next day I forgo running and go straight home, to wait for his call. He doesn't call. He seemed so nice, I was shocked when 8:PM rolled around (the end of his office hours) and still no call. I chalked it up to the complete lack of regard and incompetence of human beings. Of course he wouldn't call!!! It's like, why would the UPS guy show up when he's supposed to... when I'm home?? I get to work this morning to find three messages from Tom. He called me at work instead of on my cell. That restored my faith in HPs tech support division, but now I have to go through it all again since Tom doesn't have a direct line. I don't even know his last name!

2. TEST RESULTS: Get a call from my OBGYN. Message: "This is Blair. Give me a call back." I call back immediately. I had just had my annual exam and they don't normally call. "No news is good news" is their slogan. Blair is busy. I ask the receptionist if everything is okay. She says that if it were urgent, Blair would be available. So, Blair is sitting around and doesn't feel like talking to me just then is what I'm gathering. I spend the night worrying that I have some terrible disease, believing that the receptionist had no idea if it were something serious, and that Blair just didn't care enough to pick up when I called. I call back the next morning. Blair is in with a patient. Hours go by; finally she calls. She found some abnormal cells, but nothing to worry about. The tests for anything serious came back negative. They'd like to retest in 3 months just to be safe. Fine. Whew. But she couldn't have told me that yesterday?????????

3. FRAUD: Get a call from my bank. Somebody has made a replica of my debit card and has been purchasing gas in Brooklyn for the past couple of days. Now this made me love my bank so much. They called to tell me this, and to issue me a new card since the charges were fraudulent. I am not responsible for any of it. But I hope they catch the person who did this!!! And how did they get my card info? I swear, nothing is safe anymore. Plus, no money card for about 10 days. I will have to bank (gulp!) in person!!!

Perhaps it's over... Mom always says things happen in 3s. But maybe that means multiples of 3. The worst part is that I despise talking on the phone, yet have spent the past two days with it glued permanently to the side of my head. Why does everything have to be so hard? (said in the whiniest voice you can imagine... that's how I'm feeling today!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Holy crap what a week!

#1 - You're using a Mac. They aren't meant to print anything, just look pretty. Silly head.

#2 - Um... no comment. That's just an uncomfortable topic with any guy. Best of luck to you though.

#3 - Holy CRAP that's awesome your bank caught it for you! It's scary when you get a smart thief like that, who will charge small amounts so you probably wouldn't notice otherwise.

Then again it's sad that our techno-cyber-thieves have started to focus on how to get cheap gas.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home