Wednesday, July 12, 2006

It's Good to Have Breasts

Being a woman does have its perks. We get more free dinner and drinks than men do. We can wear pretty things and amazing shoes. We can be bitchy and blame it on PMS. We can admit we like a Kelly Clarkson song (not me, of course, but I could if I wanted to). We don't lose our hair or have to shave our faces. But along with all the perks, comes the responsibility.

I don't know why men don't feel the urge to clean. Or to take care of paperwork. Or pay their cell phone bills on time. I have started packing for our move. My hubby says I'm doing a good job. Which is great, I suppose, since he isn't. I tidy the apartment, I make sure we don't run out of toilet paper or deodorant. I put stamps on the bills that need to be mailed. When he asks me where his flip-flops are, I know exactly what he's talking about and where they are. Sometimes I even go grocery shopping and I buy the things that he likes.

I guess all of this will be worth it when I decide to get pregnant and stop working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home