Friday, July 21, 2006

Need Work? Apply Here.

It's decided. I need a personal assistant. I cannot keep up with my full-time job (albeit, it's a bit slow these days), my doctor's appointments (rotator cuff problem requiring physical therapy, an MRI and another meeting with the osteo), my moving-related issues (landlord, cable, gas, electricity, movers, and PACKING), my vacation planning (Portugal/Spain in October, Jamaica in January), my hp printer problems (no, the printer problem is not yet fixed, and now I have a tech guy visiting my house at 8:AM for the second time next week), family phone calls (jeez, those people can talk! oh, wait, that's just my hubby!), hair appointments, shopping for things for the new apartment. Oh, the list goes on.

The bigger problem here is that I sit in a cube with three other people. They do not listen to music without headphones, and they do not talk on the phone very often at all. It is obvious that my phone is always ringing and it is always connected to me ear lately. Anyone who knows me, or who reads this blog, knows how much I hate talking on the phone. It makes me crazy. In addition, it seems that whenever my boss walks by or pops in, I am on the phone. And I have to desperately try and cut off the person on the other end who is in the middle of a 45-minute diatribe (yes, probably the hubby again though my sister is beginning to show her chatty side and when she gets going, there is no interrupting) and not even pausing to breathe. It has gotten so exasperating at times, that I've just had to hang up.

So, a personal assistant would be so fabulous. Their job responsibilities, besides what I've already mentioned needing help with, would also include grocery shopping, making my bed, watering my one plant, shredding my junk mail, accepting any packages from UPS that may arrive but which I can never get since I don't have a doorman, letting in the cable and printer guys. If I had a dog, she could walk it. If I had a car, she could alternatively park it. Pay would be minimal, but the perks, oh the perks! All the cheese you can eat (my fridge is always stocked), access to a lovely apartment all day long with internet access (high-speed!), use of a car (if I had a car, but please refill the tank!), and I promise not to beat you up a la Naomi Campbell. Any takers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home