Thursday, July 06, 2006

Old is as Old Does

33 is the year it is happening to me. I am getting, and feeling, older. Reasons I know this is true:

• One day of watching what I eat and doing crunches does not make me feel slim.

• One beer and going to bed late makes me wake up feeling hung over.

• I worry less about owning the right pair of jeans and more about whether or not my husband has disability insurance.

• A slice of pizza for dinner does not make me happy. A balanced meal does.

• When I get a pimple on my face, I think I am getting a rash instead.

• Everything little kids do I find to be so cute, I could cry.

• When my manicure/pedicure starts to chip, I feel dirty.

• I need time to unwind.

• I don't get carded when walking into bars or liquor stores anymore.

• I save money all year for the end-of-year holidays.

• I feel slightly silly when I put on a graphic tee, especially when I wear one to work.

• I check my online bank statement daily.

But I still have a hard time taking a mid-day nap and I get a little rush whenever I pour myself a glass of wine at home to enjoy while sitting on the couch watching crappy tv. So, I'm definitely getting older, but am not old yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home