Monday, July 17, 2006

Wow!

I had a very bizarre experience today. I got a call from a UPS delivery man, telling me he was at my apartment but I wasn't answering the buzzer. I explained to him that I was at work and that there is no super or neighbor with whom he could leave the package. Usually, I get home to find a yellow slip on my door and then I change the address online to have the item shipped to my work address. I told the guy that I would end up doing that, and he asked for my work address. A minute later, I got a call from the UPS dispatcher who relayed the entire story to me and then he too took my work address. I told him I leave the office at 5:PM and he said not to worry, that it would be there before then. I got another call at 4:10 from the dispatcher saying that the delivery man is on his way and two minutes later, the delivery man called to ensure he had the correct address. I offered to come down to pick up the package from him directly so we didn't have to go through the mailroom, and he said that would be perfect. The item that I am receiving is a replacement part for the printer that has been causing me so much trouble. In addition to all of these phone calls, an HP technician called explaining that parts were on their way and we worked out a time for him to come by and install the new parts. He even gave me a cell phone number in case the parts didn't arrive in time (he's coming tomorrow morning).

I have gone through hell and back trying to get my printer fixed and think this is the customer service gods way of appeasing me. I have never had such considerate service from any company. They do not normally contact me, and never has UPS been so keen on following through or tracking me down anywhere in the city to make sure I got my package on time. At first, I thought I must be being served legal papers or something crazy like that, b/c this was just too good to be true. But it really happened. I'm just waiting for the delivery man to call and then I will have my parts, and tomorrow morning my service man (Wayne) will be at my doorstep bright and early ready to fix my printer. Can life really be this good? Stay tuned...

UPDATE: I got the package, but it was delivered by a nice guy in a red van. Not a UPS truck. Though the package had a UPS sticker... very strange, but what great service!

UPDATE 2: Wayne was running late, but didn't make it this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home