Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I'm a Geek

I don't like it when people think they are smarter than me. Firstly, they're usually not (if they are indeed smarter, believe me, I will be the first one to admit it, and make a mental note to avoid talking to them in the future). Secondly, I can tell that they are responding to me in a way that makes them feel that it is actually true. Meaning that they will skim over all of the accurate feedback that I am giving to their banter. For example, they will say something that I could get involved in a conversation about, I will respond, they will pause and then continue with their point completely ignoring what I've said. Because they don't think my point is worthy, or intelligent. But then they'll use a word incorrectly, or something of that nature, reinforcing what I already know. Sit them down and ask them if they are smarter than me, and I know they'll say "yes". Sit our mutual friends down and ask their opinion and I think they would side with me. But even if I am right and this is true, the less-smart people are usually prettier than me, which is all that really truly matters.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Smart doesn't make you a geek, or vice versa. I'm a geek. Not at all smart though.

But you can always tell who the dumbest people are, because they like to throw it in your face in every conversation just how smart they think they are. The condescending responses, ignoring your input, and using large, multi-syllabic words completely incorrectly.

But you can't ever tell them they're wrong, because they're so BRILLIANT that they must be right!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home