Monday, August 14, 2006

Pressing On

It is so fucking Antarctica cold in my office today. My toes are frozen, my fingers are frozen, my nose is frozen. I am unhappy and cold. My freshly shaven legs are now prickly again, the goosebumps having pushed out the little stubbles that had been happily hidden beneath my skin when I was warm. My outfit is ruined by the gray (or is it grey? I never know) sweatshirt I keep in the office for just such an occasion. It's too small (remember the 8 lbs) and has a hole in it, but at least it keeps me from getting frostbite. At least I have an excuse to get hopped up on caffeine since I need all the hot cocoa and coffee I can get to keep my base temperature elevated. To my friends and family, if I don't make it out of here alive, just know that I did it for the thrill of reaching the summit that is my career in advertising. For without this, I am nothing. Except warm.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

My officemate (a female) uses me to gauge if the air conditioning is too strong. If my sleeves are rolled up and the temperature feels comfortable, then it's too cold for the women in the office.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home