Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Shyness is Nice

I am, by nature, a quiet person. I have always been this way. I am better at listening than speaking. It takes me a long time when I meet somebody to get to the point where I feel free to open up to them. When I do get to that point, I think that what I say is interesting and pertinent, but I don't speak just to hear my voice. I speak when I have something to say. I consider myself to be shy, introverted, antisocial. Some days, I feel more this way than others. For example, yesterday.

I just didn't feel like chit-chatting. Sometimes the banter at work is fun and nice but other times it feels like a real effort for me. I want to get into my own head, do my work, search the Internet, write my blog. But to those talkers out there who don't ever feel that way, I only have this to say to you: I am not mad at you. You didn't do anything to piss me off. I am fine, and in a fine mood. Just feeling a little bit more quiet than usual. Don't push and pry and prod. Really, nothing is wrong. I just don't feel like talking, so talk amongst yourselves and let it go. And, to be honest, a little quiet would be really nice once in a while. For crying out loud, I live with a man who can truthfully be called a motor-mouth. Just give me a break and let me be me. And I used to be a lot more shy, so just be happy that I now actually make eye contact with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home