Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Why?

I know men and women are different. But I have some questions about the opposite sex:

Why do men...

...say they will be somewhere at a certain time, and then not arrive at that time? Why, after being consistently late, do they insist on still giving a set time for their arrival, even when begged not to? Is it their optimistic nature, leading them to believe that they will be home by 8:PM or do they just severely underestimate and then not learn the errors of their ways?

...like to fix things with crazy glue and velcro, even when there is a perfectly good, specifically-design apparatus for the job at hand? Are they too lazy to go to the hardware store to buy said apparatus, or do they really think that hanging a shower rack with crazy glue is a good idea?

...eat dinner at 7:PM and then second-dinner at 11:PM, even when their grandfather was known for having a very large belly?

...consistently use my razor even when he has an identical one of his own, thus always leaving me with a blade full of coarse facial hair?

...tell me when we are out of something, like paper towels, yet never stop by the store themselves?

Or is it just my man?

1 Comments:

Blogger Barry Wallace said...

1) I'm always very self-conscious about being early or on time wherever I go. I'm usually the one who gets antsy when my wife or whoever I'm meeting is late. I don't get mad, but I do wonder why people don't plan ahead... When it's coming home from someplace, I rarely give a set time (more like "after 8", or "before midnight" since there are lot more factors that weigh into returning home from somewhere.

2) I would use whatever tool or device is recommended for the job. Especially if it's something I don't feel I'm an "expert" in - I mean, who am I to think I know more than the people who designed the thing?

3) Because we think we can always work it off and that we would never let ourselves look like...that. C'mon.

4) Can't answer that one, as I have my own electric razor. In fact, I've never used a non-electric razor in my life.

5) I don't mind stopping at the store at all. Can't imagine why someone wouldn't, unless they're just afraid of appearing like they don't know where things are. Maybe you should shop together more...

Unfortunately, it's not just your man I'm afraid. But he doesn't have to be that way if he just puts his mind to it and quit being a goof-off ;)

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home