Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Cocktails and Food

One of my favorite phrases is "cocktail reception". I love the idea of free drinks in a nice environment and the surprise of which hors d'voueres (I can never spell that word!) will be passed around.

Our financial advisor actually has great parties, two of which we've been priviledged enough to attend. The first was at a fancy restaurant in Manhattan with a killer view. They had open bar and in addition to the passed trays of treats, there were fully stocked islands of choice foods. Absolutely delicious.

The party this week entailed a private viewing of an exhibit at the MoMa, which began with a guided tour of the gallery and descriptive stops at first a Van Gogh and then a Picasso painting. It was great, informative and right up my alley. Immediately followed by the COCKTAIL RECEPTION. We were greeted with our choice of champagne or white wine (I declined, preferring red wine to either, which I got soon thereafter at the full bar, with premium liquors, in the back) and then were allowed to mingle through their offices, always with a waiter in sight, bearing a tray of something delicious. The cutest, tiniest egg mcmuffin type appetizer, some kind of beef over mashed turnips displayed on a spoon, that waiter consistently shadowed by the spoon collector. Shrimp on the funkiest skewers. Caviar on a small pita. The mere visual pleasure I got from the way everything was presented was all I needed. Totally beautiful. I cannot wait until the next one.

1 Comments:

Blogger afuntanilla said...

sounds nice! lucky u

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home