Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Manage Her

There is nothing to do at work today. Yesterday I was not in the office because I had a funeral to attend. But there was nothing to do yesterday, either. All day long, I am on the Internet. I feel guilty, but what else can I do? Wasting time, trying to find new and exciting ways to pass the day. There is NOTHING to do here.

Yet, I have a manager who prowls around, looking around cubicle walls, checking what is on your screen, telling you to do busy work, or 'think about how we can improve such-and-such process'. I don't like that. I am here to work, and I will work if there is work to do. But I cannot make work for myself. I know I am supposed to be billing my time, but it's not like I'm slacking. Nobody else is working either. Except her. Walking around, spying, serious look on her face, trying to be light, but never funny. Just annoying. A total micro-manager who wouldn't know how to do what I do but who has a real knack for paperwork. The worst kind there is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home