Wednesday, November 22, 2006

They Make Me Crazy

It took me many years to come to this conclusion, but I am thankful for my family. I have been around other people's families and have come to the conclusion that we are all crazy. But it's the crazy that I'm comfortable with that makes me who I am. I am comfortable with MY crazy. I fit into that. I don't fit into other people's crazy.

We all want the outsiders who get a glimpse inside to think we are normal. We'll try to get you to fit in, to jam you in, hoping that once that happens, you'll say "oh, no, they're not crazy" but in fact the opposite happens. You see us for who we are, you understand now why I have turned out the way I have and in the end, it makes you thankful for your own. The thing is, we can only ever talk about our own family and the things that they do that are just so odd, but if somebody else mutters a word, we will take offense, make excuses, justify the behavior that we know so well. You are not allowed to call my mom crazy. Sorry. No.

So, the holidays are here and I don't get my mom's Thanksgiving dinner as this is hubby's year with his family. (But, being the brat that I can be, my birthday is coming up so we are going up on Friday and she is making a mini version of the turkey dinner I love so much. Ha ha. Lucky me.) It's hard to be at somebody elses home. I miss my family. I know his is mine, and mine is his, etc. but in my mind it is still HIS family and MY family. When we have kids, it will be OUR family. See, I'm a crazy lunatic. I just want to be around the other crazy lunatics that get me and love me regardless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home