Monday, December 11, 2006

Judgment Day

I'm going to be on the beach in less than a month. Am I bathing-suit-ready? WHO CARES!!!??? I swear, the appearance-obsessed society that we live in really makes me sick. If I see another reality-TV star with gleaming white teeth (I'm sorry... I love teeth as much as the next person, but if your teeth make me have to avert my eyes lest I go blind, there is something wrong!), Botoxed lips of fake breasts, I could just vomit. Plastic surgery faces are everywhere, and I'm not talking the standard nose job that many a teenaged girl gets before graduating high school. I'm talking distorted eyes, puffed up lips, porcelein veneers. Is it supposed to look good? Because it doesn't to me.

Am I supposed to be embarrassed to go on the beach without a six-pack or with a little jiggle on my rear? Aren't I a woman? Aren't I meant to bear children and have hips and a belly? I am not a personal trainer. I am not a super-model. I am just a normal woman, who doesn't want to starve myself so that I am looked at with admiration by my fellow beach-goers. All this nipping/tucking competition is just a way for the rest of the world to feel better about themselves. Excuse, the rest of the FEMALE world.

I just don't get why women will put themselves through so much to look a certain way, all so that men will look at them. They can deny it, and say that attracting men has nothing to do with their desire for double Ds, but I disagree. The big boobs, the big lips, the tongue rings - - it all says SEX!!! I will give you a great blow-job!!! Just look at these tits! Look at this mouth! It is completely unnatural, yet you see so many men with those types of women on their elbows. Thank goodness I live in New York is all I have to say. Los Angeles is not the place for me. I see enough of LA all over the movies and on television to know that I am rooting for the normal girl. Girls like me who look a-ok in a bikini just the way I am, and who could have an interesting conversation with you (because I can actually move my mouth!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

This is by far the most raw, unadulterated post I've seen out of you. And I completely agree.

Not all guys like the fake look. Pam Anderson never did it for me. Boobs should not stick out straight with the skin pulled taut over them. Lips shouldn't be swollen like the girl got punched in the mouth every morning.

There's nothing wrong with a little jiggle in the middle. Boobs should be pliable, and proportional to the rest of the girl's body.

It just looks comical to have it any other way.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

"raw, unadulterated"... you mean "full of typos", right?

I'm just happy that perhaps a change is in the air... the modeling industry is trying to lay down some guidelines regarding the weight and health of models, I heard. That would be step in the right direction! The Dove campaign also has started to draw attention to this issue, too. But the real reason for the post, and the furious typing that ensued, was a certain someone continuously commenting on how we all had to be in bathing suits in less than a month, as she restricted the amount of food she'll eat and looks judgmentally at the rest of us. Makes me angry.

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home