Thursday, March 01, 2007

You Are Mean and I Hate You

Sitting in an office setting (aka, maze-like cubicles with paper thin walls), it's a given that you will hear other people's conversations and probably get too much information on a daily basis. I'm nosy; I don't mind learning about who has late charges on their credit card, or who is searching for the perfect daycare for their kid. What I don't like is the loudmouth currently sitting near me.

She (who shall remain nameless) is one of those people who talk out loud about everything they are doing "OK. Open file. Yes. Yes. What??? Who the fuck worked on this? I mean what the hell! Oh, it was you, Joe. Why did you do this?" And on and on. Add a nasty tone to the perpetual updates about what she is doing and now I've got a problem. I do not like her. In fact, it's edging into hate.

Yesterday, one of our colleagues had made a pound cake and went around offering some to everyone. One thing we office folk like more than free booze is homemade goodies. So the witch takes a piece and then loudly, after taking a bite, says "God! This is too sugary! Too much sugar! Jeez!" To me, that is SO rude. Someone goes out of their way to bake a cake for the office, and you loudly complain, so that the chef will definitely hear you.

So these are my words to her, the witch: You are rude. You think so highly of yourself and of the work you do, that you think nothing of demeaning the people around you, chiding them, making them feel like they suck. You have a comment about everything, a question about everything. If there is a meeting, you have so much to say that a 15 minute meeting turns into 45 minutes. You are snotty and unapproachable. I don't like you. And I will do everything I can to avoid you even though your cubicle is right across from mine. Keep your distance, bee-atch. I may be quiet, but I'm not as nice as you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home