Tuesday, January 08, 2008

To You Both

Baby Girl,
I feel you moving daily now. And today I am having little pains. Nothing serious, but I immediately worry that something is wrong with you. I am attached now. I smile each time I feel you. I tell your daddy "Here, feel your little baby girl move" and place his hand on my belly, over you. We talk about you nightly. What you'll look like. What you'll be like. The worry of being a parent hasn't started yet. Just little worries about the pangs I feel in my crotch or my side. Worries about the pain of childbirth. But you, safe and secure right now, not running around on the streets, or able to be kidnapped or hurt, I don't worry about. Not in that panic-y way I've heard parents describe. And maybe this is too much information for our little girl, but being pregnant with you, with his baby, makes me feel sexy. Seeing him as a soon-to-be father and seeing the progress he has made makes me love him more every day. I'm getting bigger and in a way I'm proud of it... "look at what my man did to me" I want to scream. But there is no need to scream. Everyone can see well enough themselves. My belly grows. It moves. And it's all because of you. How wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home