Monday, March 24, 2008

35 Weeks, WHOO HOOO!

So, it's nearing the end. 5 weeks to go. Crazy. I thought that pregnancy would be a really slow process, taking an eternity, but for me it has really flown by. I can remember the day of finding out I was pregnant and it is vivid in my mind. Now, all I can think is that 5 weeks could be 3 weeks. It could, of course, also be longer than that but just knowing that she could be here in less than a month is crazy scary. And exciting.

Her room is ready to be filled with whatever goodies come from the shower. I am about to do a load of wash, so that her baby clothes will be clean and ready for her to wear. (I still don't quite get why clothes need to be washed prior to wearing... I think it's a bit anal, to be honest, but if I don't do it, I won't hear the end of it from certain people who are anal about such things.)

My sleep has only been disrupted by trips to the bathroom and once in a while by a kicking baby. But I am getting enough zzzs so I can't complain about that. What I can complain about are my elephant ankles. They are hideous!!!! I don't recognize my feet and forget about wearing my favorite shoes. I am praying for a heat wave so I can break out the flip-flops. And my ankles feel bruised, which I find to be very odd and disconcerting. I see the doctor on Wednesday so maybe she can offer some insight. I have to remind myself that it's not much longer.

The rest of my complaints are as follows: nausea, difficulty bending over, can't lie on my back, crankiness, mood swings, hate maternity clothes, tiredness, difficulty doing things that I normally do and aches and pains in different parts of my body. And I do NOT like how I look in photographs!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home