Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Waiting Game

I'm sitting here, at work, wondering when this baby girl is going to make her appearance into the world. Yesterday evening, the Braxton-Hicks were happening all the time, and I even had a bit of cramping. So I sat there thinking "is this it?" One of my concerns is that I won't know when to go to the hospital. I know from what I've heard and read that there is no way I will not know. And if I end up at the hospital too early, well, a moment of embarrassment for some peace of mind isn't so terrible.

It's hard to be at work. Not only because I bounce between exhaustion and energy, but also because I am totally preoccupied. I keep thinking about the hospital. Part of me is really looking forward to being there. Secluded with only Eric and the doctors/nurses, knowing that our daughter will be arriving shortly. I'm super excited about seeing her for the first time. I know not to expect adorable immediately... I know they come out red and puffy and wrinkled and coated. Sometimes even "furry". But I want to look at her and see whatever it is that I see. Her little toes and tush. Her cute mouth. I want to see how Eric handles it all. I am ready. But when will it happen?

I don't feel like she's dropped at all. My stomach is still riding high. Although I have been readying everything I can, I don't feel an extreme nesting instinct taking over. I don't feel like I've got a bowling ball between my legs, as I've heard some people describe the final days before giving birth. So I guess it's not just time yet. I'm still hopeful that she'll be early, rather than late, but I could just be setting myself up for disappointment. Well, disappointment is not really the right word... a long road might be better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home